There are many types of supermarkets in Quebec :
Retail stores (big stores)
“Dépanneurs” (convenience stores)
And gas stations like :
Other stores and commodities
Stores such as Dollarama will save your life.
Pharmacy (drug store)
Pharmacies in Quebec offer much more than medicine: you can also find food, household products, birthday cards, and even post offices (in the Jean-Coutu pharmacies) !
Hospitals and CLSC (sort of local clinics)
In the area of Polytechnique :
- Jewish General Hospital
- CHU Sainte-Justine (for kids)
- Montréal General Hospital
- CLSC (local clinic) of Côte-des-Neiges
To open a bank account in Canada, you’ll need a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Sports Experts (general)
- The Hockey Line-Up (hockey)
- La poubelle du ski (second-hand)
- Sports aux puces(link’s only in French) (second-hand)
- Atmosphère (outdoors)
- La Cordée (outdoors)
- Mountain Equipment Co-operative (outdoors)